(500) Days of Summer
This comedy begins with Tom recounting the 500 days of his relationship with Summer. As he is unfolding this story of the past, he is hoping to win her back in the present. Summer is very independent and free-spirited, with strong opinions about love and relationships. However, Tom is more traditional, simply looking for the right person to love and settle down with.
Can these two reconcile their differences and make it work, or will Tom be left with only his 500 days with Summer? While this movie is a romantic comedy, it deals with both the positive parts of romantic relationships, along with the struggles and disappointments, which are not always seen in mainstream films.
(500) Days of Summer Trailer
(500) Days of Summer Cast
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt brings the character of Tom Hansen to life with sincerity.
- Zooey Deschanel charmingly and realistically plays Summer Finn.
- Geoffrey Arend fills the role of McKenzie, one of Tom’s co-workers and friends.
- Chloe Moretz is Tom’s supportive, younger sister.
- Matthew Gray Gubler plays another one of Tom’s friends, Paul.
Marc Webb was the director of this film, with a screenplay written by Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber. Filming for this movie began in 2008. It was included in the Sundance Film Festival and was well-received. This is definitely one of the most popular romance movies of 2009. If you are interested in finding some other romantic movies from the same year, please visit here.
(500) Days of Summer DVD
In December of 2009, this movie was released on DVD.
It can be found on both Blu-Ray and standard DVD format.
The running time of this film is ninety-five minutes and has a rating of PG-13.